Womenpower Platform is a community Platform that intends to link women mentors and mentees whereby women will get the opportunity to receive support with regards to self-improvement, self-esteem, personal and social power from experienced women in the fields of academia, healthcare, and business.
In pursuing our goals, we abide by the following Code of Conduct (“the Code”) which is designed to allow us to maintain a culture of integrity and credibility within the Platform and the public at large.
Al members of the Platform (permanent full-time, hourly, fixed term contract, permanent part-time), and any third party service provider or independent contractor, in contact with members of the Platform will abide by the Code of Conduct.
- Always act with fairness, honesty, integrity and openness; respect the opinions of others and treat all with equality and dignity without regard to gender, race, place of origin, political beliefs, religion, marital status, disability, age, or sexual orientation.
- Promote the mission and objectives of the Platform in all dealings.
- Provide a positive and valued experience for those receiving service within and outside the Platform
- Act with honesty and integrity and in accordance with any professional standards and / or governing laws and legislation that have application to the responsibilities you perform for or on behalf of the Platform
- Comply with both the letter and the spirit of the mission and goals and objectives of the Platform.
- Adhere to the policies and procedures of the Platform and support the decisions of the Platform administrators.
- Take responsibility for your actions and decisions.
- Submit any reports as requested, in a timely and professional manner.
- Ensure that you do not exceed the authority of your position.
- Respect and maintain the confidentiality of any and all information gained as a member of the Platform, including, but not limited to, all computer software and files, the Platform’s business documents, records and printouts, and all other information and documentation, in whatsoever form, obtained or accessed from the Platform.
- Respect and maintain the confidentiality of individual personal information about any of the members of the Platform obtained through your membership in the Platform.
- All members will respect and maintain the anonymity of member(s) who chooses to remain anonymous.
Verbal / Physical /Sexual Harassment
- The Platform has a zero tolerance policy with respect to Verbal / Physical /Sexual Harassment. Personal/Sexual Harassment in any form is strictly prohibited and may be grounds for termination of membership from the Platform.
Behaviour / Conduct not tolerated
- The Platform has a zero tolerance with regards to the following behaviour and conduct:
- Abusive language towards a staff member, volunteer or another participant.
- Discourtesy or rudeness to a fellow member.
- Actual or threatened violence toward any individual or member.
- Conduct endangering the life, safety, health or well-being of others.
- Bullying or taking unfair advantage of any participant.
- Failing to cooperate with an adult supervisor/leader/mentor.
Conflicts of Interest
- All Platform members are expected to perform their duties conscientiously, honestly, and in accordance with the best interests of the Platform. Members will not use their positions or any knowledge gained as a result of their membership for private or personal advantage.
- Strict observance of the Code of Conduct is fundamental to the activity and reputation of the Platform. It is essential that all members adhere to this Code and assent to do so is evidenced by signing the Declaration that they have read and will abide by this Code.